From Walter Brueggemann in The Prophetic Imagination on prophets:
What are prophets for:
• "to nurture, nourish, and evoke a consciousness and perception alternative to the consciousness and perception of the dominant culture around us."
• "to penetrate despair so that the new futures can be believed in and embraced by us."
• "It is the vocation of the prophet to keep alive the ministry of imagination.”
• "prophets speak a word of judgment and of hope reminding us of the future promised to us."
AUSCP's mission includes being a prophetic voice that acts. Prophets are invariably rejected because they lift the need for change, creating dis-ease. We have accepted our call. Knowing that the Lord calls us, may we not be discouraged.
What we are working on:
• Eradicating Clericalism
• Formation of Priests
• Women’s Status in our Church
• Climate Change and Care for our Common Home
• Eliminating Racism in Church and Society
• Ending the Death Penalty
• Comprehensive Immigration Reform
• Ordination of Married Men and Women Deacons
• Gospel Non-Violence
• Better Translations of Liturgical Texts
• Dialogue with Lay Organizations, our Bishops and Vatican Offices